Dr. Marina Dibrova was born in Leningrad in 1957.
In 1979 graduated from the Philological Faculty of Leningrad State University, In 1988 she defended her thesis. She taught Russian to foreigners at Leningrad State Pedagogical Institute named for Alexander Herzen. She has more than 40 publications in national and international publications.
Since 1996, she is co-founder and vice-rector for international relations, since 2008 – rector of the Nevsky Institute of Language and Culture.
From 1990 to 1993 – a visiting professor at Princeton University (USA), and has lectured at the University of Ohio, at Holy Cross College, Brown University, and others.
Since 1997, member of the American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS), and since 1999 – European Association for International Education.
Awarded Diploma of the Ministry of Education and commemorative medal in honor of the 300th anniversary of Saint – Petersburg.